We're delighted to have so much support
We invite you to explore the organisations and businesses who directly work with our School to ensure our success.
Use the Drop-Down menu just below to choose different categories.
Victor Harbor Community Kindergarten
Guided by its belief that children are capable and resourceful learners who are active contributors to their own learning, that they must be valued as individuals, within the context of their family and their community, Victor Harbor Community Kindergarten operates with knowledge that children can develop confidence and positive self-esteem through a supportive and secure environment.
Childhood memories last a lifetime.
Phone: 08 8552 2028
Address: 1 Oval Street, Victor Harbor South Australia 5021
Victor Harbor High School
Victor Harbor High School's Purpose Statement is “At Victor Harbor High School we challenge all students and staff to achieve their personal best and enhance wellbeing in an optimistic, innovative environment so we can better contribute to our futures and our local and global communities”.
The High School aims to build the curriculum around the needs and aspirations of each individual student.
Phone: (08) 8551 1900
Address: George Main Road Victor Harbor SA 5211
City of Victor Harbor
The population of the City of Victor Harbor Council area is home to approximately 14,000 residents.
At any given time it is estimated that 2,000 or more additional visitors are residing in our community as tourists or people frequenting their holiday homes. At peak tourist season from December to February the population grows to almost 30,000.
Local natural attractions include Granite Island, Rosetta Head (The Bluff), surf beaches, whale watching and penguin colonies. In addition, there are a number of developed attractions including the Horse Drawn Tram to Granite Island, Greenhills Adventure Park, the South Australian Whale Centre, Encounter Coast Discovery Centre, the Cockle Train, Urimbirra Wildlife Park, Nangawooka Flora Reserve and the Dunes Mini Golf Park
Phone: 08 8551 0500
Address: 1 Bay Road Victor Harbor
Tourism Victor Harbor
The Victor Harbor Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is a one-stop shop for all visitor information needs.
The centre offers many informative, free brochures, maps and event guides, together with suggestions and friendly advice on what to see and do in Victor Harbor and on the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Souvenirs and internet access are available, along with accommodation and tour-booking services.
Phone: 1800 557 094
Address: The Causeway Victor Harbor (opposite Warland Reserve)
DECD Victor Harbor Aquatic Centre
Established in 1975, Victor Harbor Aquatic Centre was the first of its kind in Sourth Australia and serves both government and non-government schools statewide. Administered by Instructor In Charge Shane Ellis, the Aquatic Centre offers a broad range of activities including:
> Aquatics - Students with Disabilities
> Small boat handling
> Beach awareness/surf survival
> Stage 1 Practical, Years 10 and 11 (SACE)
> Stage 2 Registered Practical, Years 11 and 12 (SACE)
> Outdoor Education Camps, e.g. in the Coorong
Phone: 8552 1166 Xtn 26
Address: Administration, The Parkway, Victor Harbor South Australia 5211
Young children are born ready to learn, and they learn and grow every time you interact with them. You can make a difference in your child’s learning and even in how their brain develops. This is especially important in the first five years of their life, and it is through the everyday things that you do with your child that helps them learn.
This website has plenty of ideas and activities that can help you make the most of everyday learning and events. We know families are busy so we have ideas for activities that you are already doing, ideas that may be new and will only take a few minutes and others that will take longer. We have also included extra information for you if want to learn more about the literacy and numeracy that your child will be developing and how this will link to learning in later life.
We will continue to add new ideas and activities, including ideas to connect to particular events or occasions. We are also keen to hear from you on the site; how you went, what worked or other ideas that we can share with other families.
Phone: Email: DECD.Grea
Address: Department for Education and Child Development Numeracy and Literacy Directorate Level 2 West, 31 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000
Victor Harbor Public Library
The Victor Harbor Public Library provides many services for our community:
Available for loan
- Fiction and non fiction books
- DVDs / Blu-ray discs
- Compact discs
- Computer games
- Large print books
- Audio books
- Books in other languages
- Language learning kits
- Jigsaw puzzles
For use within the library
- Online catalogue
- Reference collection
- Local History collection
- Oral History Interviews
- Board games
- Internet computers
- Wireless internet access
- Encounter Rhyme & Storytime 9:45 am - 10:30 am Tuesday and 10:30 am to 11:15 am every Wednesday during school term. Suitable for children aged 0-6 years. The Wednesday session is a repeat of the Tuesday session. Adult supervision required at all times.
- School Holiday Program is run every school holidays.
- Family History Help Volunteers from the Encounter Bay Family History Group give one on one help researching your family history. Every Monday, 1 pm - 3 pm. Bookings essential. Call the Library on 8551 0730.
- Computer Tutoring A free session to help you learn to navigate through a range of technology. Beginners welcome. Tuesday afternoons at the Library. Phone the Library on 8551 0730 to make a booking. For immediate help and to follow self-guided tutorials please visit ForwardIT.
- Computer tablets & iPad training Book into a free small group session on Wednesdays and learn how to use your touch screen tablet or iPad, and also how to access E-books from the library. There are also further Wednesday sessions for 1 to 2 people for general tech tutoring (anything from touch devices, to laptops, to general computing).
- Victor Harbor Chess Club Come and learn or practice you chess skills at the meeting of the Victor Harbor Chess Club. Every Wednesday from 1 pm - 4 pm in the Library. Complete beginners welcome and no booking necessary.
- Scrabble Club Every Monday in the Library at 1pm there is a friendly, casual scrabble group that meets to enjoy a game or two. Beginners and new players welcome.
Other events are held several times throughout the year. Events are advertised so check out our events page http://tinyurl.com/vhlibraryevents, The Times newspaper, and our library Facebook page. Fliers will also be available from the Circulation Desk.
Phone: 08 8551 0730
Address: 1 Bay Road, Victor Harbor