It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Victor Harbor Primary School and its website.
This school was established in 2013 through the amalgamation of Victor Harbor Primary and Junior Primary Schools, each of which had previously operated with its own principal.
Our vision is for Victor Harbor Primary School to be a dynamic, forward thinking educational environment that develops children’s skills in numeracy, literacy, information technology and social skills. Victor Harbor Primary School pursues and promotes success for all students within this vibrant learning environment.
Structured in three sections covering the early years (Reception to Year 2), the primary years (Years 3 to 5) and the middle school years (Years 6 to 7), Victor Harbor Primary includes a Special Education Unit that caters for students with moderate to severe disabilities.
We are recognised for the quality and delivery of our curriculum, which is consistent with the Australian Curriculum. Students are encouraged to achieve their potential and self-esteem is actively promoted. Victor Harbor Primary School is an inaugural member of the South Australian Sustainable Schools network. Education for Sustainable Development and Reconciliation is embedded into all aspects of the curriculum.
Our beliefs regarding good teaching are encapsulated in our statement -
"We're all on the same wave!"
- providing all children with a solid foundation to build life skills, making their learning journey relevant, consistent, fun and memorable.
- developing the whole child (emotional, physical,educational, wellbeing, spiritual).
- providing opportunities for each student to reach their individual potential.
- developing relationships based on mutual respect between all stakeholders - students, teachers and home.
- fostering in students a curiosity, creativity and an enthusiasm for the world they live in and a joy and love of lifetime learning.
We are fortunate to have strong links with the broader community. Students and staff alike, appreciate and benefit from the involvement of a strong network of volunteers across a range of activities.
We encourage requests for tours of our school from parents/carers who are considering enrolling their children with us.
I hope that you enjoy your tour of Victor Harbor Primary School via this website.